Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh!!
Wishing all members and families a Happy New Year.
In preparation for the 2015 Gaelic Football and Hurling season, please ensure you and members of your clubs are aware of the new Gaelic Football and Hurling Association of Australasia's (GFHAA) new anti-doping policy, which has been approved and is in effect as of 1 January 2015.
The new policy has been added to our Download Forms page, and can also be accessed via the following links:
All QGFHA club members should note the following warning listed on the first page of the policy document:
WARNING TO ATHLETES AND ATHLETE SUPPORT PERSONNEL
- You are responsible for knowing what the anti-doping rule violations are.
- You must find out which substances and methods are prohibited.
- Ignorance is no excuse.
- You must be aware of the rules in this Anti-Doping Policy.
- This Anti-Doping Policy adopts the strict liability principle.
- Athletes are responsible for anything found in their system.
- You must be aware of the sanctions that could be applied to you in this Anti-Doping Policy.
Please take the time to make sure you are aware of this policy to ensure a successful 2015 season.