PRESENTATION BALL DETAILS
The ‘Gabba’ Stadium, Vulture Street, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
Join us at The Brisbane Cricket Ground, commonly known as The Gabba on Saturday 1st October to celebrate the completion of the 2016 Australasian Championships. The Gabba is an icon of the Brisbane landscape and is the home ground for the Brisbane Lions AFL team and the Queensland Bulls state cricket team. It is here we will celebrate the 2016 Australasian Games where All Star teams will be announced. Tickets are $150 per person which includes a three course meal, drinks package and live entertainment. Minor tickets are $125 as they will have a soft drink package only. Tickets are limited so make sure all teams send through their ticket orders as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday the 14th of September. Contact email@example.com with number of tickets required per state team. Further information about the ball will be sent to team managers once tickets have been confirmed.
Kick off: 6:30pm
Entrance: Gate 3
*PLEASE NOTE- The Presentation Ball is an integral part of Australasian Games 2016. The GFHAA Code of Conduct applies to all attendees. Please show respect to all speakers and drink responsibly. Security will be onsite and offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Intoxicated persons will be asked to leave.
MAIN SPONSORS OF THE 2016 BRISBANE GAMES
Mick O’Malley’s Irish Pub
Mick O’Malleys is Brisbane’s top Irish Pub. Located right in the centre of Brisbane city on Queen Street, Mick O’Malleys is a pub that offers traditional Irish charm, entertainment, live sport and a function area that caters for all. While in Brisbane, feel free to drop in to say hello, grab a drink or sample some amazing pub grub which includes traditional Irish meals as well as contemporary cuisine. During the games, O’Malleys will be hosting a number of events for all players, mentors and supporters. The following events are planned:
- 30th Sept Friday Night – celebrate the Camogie Final & Teams that didn’t make it into the Grand Finals.
- 1st October Saturday After Party – Following on from the Gala Ball (All Teams)
- 2nd October Sunday Session – Celebrate and end of the Week (All Teams)
Sponsors of the excruciatingly painful but wonderfully useful ice baths, Endota Spa offers a wide range of treatments available to all players, mentors and supporters throughout the week. They deliver a range of services including relaxation & remedial massage, facials and beauty & body treatments. So whether it’s a massage to soothe those aching muscles or a spray tan to glam you up for the presentation ball, Endota Spa has you covered. Visit https://endotaspa.com.au or call over to the chill out area to book your treatment in person.
There will be a ‘Players Chill Out Zone’ shade marquee set up and manned by two of the lovely Endota Spa therapists, and Ice will be available to purchase for the much sought after Ice Baths. This will be a popular spot, so make sure to get in early!
THINGS TO DO IN BRISBANE
Brisbane, capital of Queensland, is a large, modern city set on the Brisbane River. Clustered in its South Bank cultural precinct are institutions including Queensland Museum, the Sciencentre, with noted interactive exhibitions, and the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art. Looming over the city is Mt. Coot-tha, site of sprawling Brisbane Botanic Gardens, with panoramic views from its summit. There are plenty of restaurants, cafes, movie theatres and bars throughout the city and Southbank region so during your down time get out and explore our wonderful city.
Top Ten Tourist Attractions
- CityCat Ferry– take a tour along the river and see the sights of Brisbane.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary– Interact with the animals and enjoy a beautiful landscape in the world's largest koala sanctuary, created to preserve Australian wildlife.
- Roma Street Parklands– Scenic Park located right in the middle of the city features colorful subtropical gardens and Celebration Lawn, a green oasis for picnicking, flying kites or just relaxing.
- Southbank- walk along the river, relax on the man-made beach, take a Segway tour, stroll through the gardens, or take a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane to be inspired by the breathtaking views across the iconic Brisbane River.
- Mount Coot-tha Lookout– view the city from above. A fantastic lookout point featuring panoramic views of Brisbane.
- Storey Bridge Adventure Climb– This is your chance to see Brisbane truly shining. From far above the river gleams, the city sparkles, cars look like toys and you can see all the way out to Moreton Bay in the east and the rolling green hills of the Scenic Rim to the west.
- Eat Street Markets– open Friday and Saturday 4pm-10pm and Sunday 11am to 3pm. Set on an old disused container wharf, ‘Eat Street Markets’ is a wonderment of the senses. From aromatic international cuisines and boutique beers, to the enchanting sights and sounds of our live performers, Hamilton Wharf plays host to Australia’s most interactive container market experience.
- Queen Street Mall– The Queen Street Mall offers an unrivalled mix of local, national and international labels and flagship stores.
- XXXX Brewery Tour– Experience the inner workings of this heritage brewery, explore the story of beer, and gain an insight into the 135 year history of an Australian icon.
Theme Parks– Just an hour south of Brisbane city are several thrilling and exciting theme parks. Take your pick from Warner Brother’s MovieWorld, Seaworld, Wet’n’Wild, Australian Outback, Dreamworld and WhiteWater World.